1949 Dinky Toys 24B/521; Peugeot 403 Berline
The 403 made its debut in saloon body style on 20 April 1955 at the Trocadéro Palace in Paris. The engine size gave the car a "tax horsepower" of 8 CV (8 hp), which placed it a class below the soon-to-be-replaced 11 CV Citroën Traction, but at least one class above the small cars produced by the principal competitor manufacturers. It remained in production until 1966.
The French Dinky of the car was made from 1956 to 1964 with a change of number from 24B to 521 in 1960. It has also been produced by Norev for the Atlas Dinky Toys reboot.