1949 Ford Vedette
Vedette is a large car manufactured by Ford France SA in their factory in Poissy
Introduced at the 1948 Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris, it was designed entirely in Detroit (resembling contemporary Mercury models) and featured the Poissy-made 2158 cc Aquillon sidevalve V8 engine of Ford's Flathead engine family, the same as in pre-war Matford cars. It was the only French car of its time with a V8 engine. Importantly, the Vedette was the first car to feature the new independent front suspension concept developed by Earle S. MacPherson, known today as MacPherson struts.
As time went by and Ford decided to quit France as a manufacturing location they sold their production capacity and designs to Simca so later versions of the Ford Vedette were renamed the Simca Vedette.
The French Dinky of the original iteration of the car was made from 1950 to 1951. It was made in a wide range of colours, Navy Blue being the most valuable colour. It was never sold in a box, it was supplied to shops in trays of 6 pieces.