The Ford Vedette is a large car manufactured by Ford France SA in their
factory in Poissy from 1948-1954.
Introduced at the 1948 Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris, it was
designed entirely in Detroit (resembling contemporary Mercury models)
and featured the Poissy-made 2158 cc Aquillon sidevalve V8 engine of
Ford's Flathead engine family, the same as in pre-war Matford cars. It
was the only French car of its time with a V8 engine. Importantly, the
Vedette was the first car to feature the new independent front
suspension concept developed by Earle S. MacPherson, known today as
As time went by and Ford decided to quit France as a
manufacturing location they sold their production capacity and designs
to Simca so later versions of the Ford Vedette were renamed the Simca
The French Dinky was made from 1954 to 1956.
This car sourced from a private collection in July 2020
2019 Modern reproduction by Norev for Atlas Editions