This car was released in 1952 when Fangio and Mike
Hawthorn were winning races with the full size cars. They are always
green, the hubs are where the variations lie.
First releases (1952-1954) were green with green painted hubs and numbered 23g. In 1954 they were renumbered to 233. It continued with painted hubs and black mottled base under this number through to 1960. Between 1960 and 1962 the base was changed to gloss black and the wheels could be green painted or spun. From 1962 to the car's deletion in 1964 the hubs were plastic - red with RN6 or yellow with RN8. These late plastic hubs versions sold in very small quantities and are seriously hard to find - pushing up the prices.